Sunday, April 19, 2009

My weekend away

I'm back from the weekend with the family and I had so much fun. It was good to see relatives who you don't see very often and even meet some that you didn't even know existed. It was great to see my mom again, I hadn't seen her since we announced the news to them and it was good to catch up. Also, my aunt who just had a baby, brought her 3 1/2 month old with her (of course) and she was giving me lots of useful advice. I hope I just remember it! I also got to tell my grandparents that they were going to be great grandparents again (my cousin has a kid) and my grandma was over the moon!
When we got to the spa everyone was already there and some had read the news on facebook so everyone was there congratulating me. Word spread fast! We went for pedicures and my mom had gone out and bought me a maternity shirt that I can wear to work. After the pedicures we all went to supper at this house that is supposedly 'haunted' and is now converted into a restaurant. Apparently there was a show done on it but I don't believe it. Now comes the bad part. I was starting to feel ill, like I normally do around that time, and we all sat at 3 tables of 10. I needed to eat. All 3 tables got their orders in at the same time but our table didn't end up getting our meals until after another table was already onto dessert!!! I was so hungry and nauseous that by the time supper came, it wasn't going to stay down. My mom, grandma and I walked back to the hotel and all the way home I puked and cried. I left puddles all the way back. I have to say that I did feel a little better once I was able to get everything up and out but since everyone else had to 'follow the trail' home everyone was concerned on how I was feeling.
The next morning, this woman who was really sort of annoying and my aunt and I had no clue who she was, came up to me and asked if I had tried almonds for my nausea. ALMONDS. If only I had known about the magical effects of this magical nut before, of course-IF ONLY IT WAS THAT SIMPLE. Did I mention the fact she has no children of her own? I'm sorry but if my prescribed medication from the doctor isn't cutting it, FRICKIN ALMONDS AREN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING LADY!! Have I mentioned that people annoy me WAY easier now that I'm pregnant? Stupid people are everywhere.
I also learnt that the majority of women in my family had no morning sickness at all. Most maybe felt a little nausea but definitely weren't puking and not puking like me. Except for one. My second cousin had one child and said that she was puking non stop for the entire 9 months! I guess everyone is different and it could be worse.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, Margie, did you tell her that? That would've been great. Glad you had a fun family weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, no I wanted to throat punch her but instead I just said 'yeah, I've tried everything but thanks though'. I'm a chicken.

    ReplyDelete