This week in the ute:Our baby is now producing insulin the hormone that controls their blood glucose. The fetus is now 3 inches long and weighs about an ounce. The baby's unique fingerprints are already in place. The muscles lengthen and become organized. I can't feel it yet, but our baby can move in a jerky fashion, flexing the arms and kicking the legs. My uterus has grown quite a bit. Soon I will start feeling the first flutters of the unborn child kicking and moving within.
The first three months were period of rapid development, next three months will be period of rapid growth. Baby quadruples weight during the 4th month. It will be the size of a peach or a gas cap on a car.
How far along?: 12 weeks
Total weight gain: 5 pounds according to the doc.
How much does baby weigh?: 1 ounce
Maternity clothes?: They are more comfortable than my regular clothes now so mostly shirts and definitely pants (or pants with the bellaband).
Stretch marks?: none
Sleep?: Sleep has been good this week and napping is essential.
Best moment this week?: My first OB appointment and hearing the heartbeat on the doppler and hearing the baby kick the microphone!
Movement?: I can't feel it yet but I heard it on the doppler this week!
Food cravings?: Still Coke slurpees, sour cream and onion chips (nausea is still kicking my butt)
Labor signs?: nope
Belly button in or out?: in
What I miss?: Being able to eat normal foods and cook
What I'm looking forward to: having the nausea pass and finishing my last week in the 1st tri!
Milestone: Hearing the heartbeat and meeting my OB

No comments:
Post a Comment