Monday, June 22, 2009

11 years ago

Today is mine and D's dating anniversary, who would have thought that 11 years later we would be walking into my OB appt!  
The Dr was running about an hour late (she had a patient go into labor at 8 am and after 15 mins of pushing she had a baby girl-I hope I'm like that :)) so my 9 am appt turned into more of a 10am appt.  We got to hear baby John Doe's heartbeat with the doppler and like always he was punching and kicking like crazy!  His HR was 130 this time.
I told the doctor about my horrible U/S and that there was only 3 measurements taken so she looked at her report and no surprise, the report just said that the anatomy was fine!  She said that the radiologist was supposed to look at all the organs and take several measurements and I told her specifically what measurements were done so she ordered me another one with a different doctor in a month.  I'm sure everything is fine but I don't believe people should cut corners when it comes to this.  Not cool.  
I also asked her if she was changing my EDD due to the baby measuring almost 2 weeks ahead and she said that no, the earlier u/s's are more accurate and the 20 week one actually has more room for error and are +/- 10 days!  I would have thought it was the other way around.
In other news, my back has been killing me due to my ribs being sore from the expanding belly so my body is compensating by hunching over, not to mention the added weight up top.  I keep catching myself hunched over and having to correct my posture.  I booked a pregnancy massage and it was so good, I feel so much better and I think that I'm going to have to make sure I do that on a regular basis so I don't get to the point where I'm lying on a heating pad in pain for 5 hours (yesterday).  
I swear if I was super rich, hiring a masseuse would be the first thing I do.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't the prenatal massages amazing? Oh I loved mine.

    Congrats on 11 years together, that is great! What an exciting time for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm definitely going to make sure that I go on a regular basis :)
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete