Friday, June 5, 2009

Blue cake

A few replies to the previous comments:
We haven't thought of names yet, I've been tossing some around in my head but boy names are so hard!! We'll sit down one night and start brainstorming. We're going to keep the name(s) a surprise (we're picking out 2 we like and decide when we see the little guy) to the family but I'll post them on here. Much easier to refer to him by name I think :)
So even though Satan's helper said I'm measuring ahead, I don't believe it. The earlier the u/s, the more accurate the dates are supposed to be not to mention if the new dates she told me were correct, that would put my O date during the middle of AF. Ya right. Not to mention I tested on 12DPO and it was a BFN and 13 DPO was BFP. If I go by what she says then that would mean that at 26DPO it was a BFN but at 27DPO I finally got a BFP?? Um I don't think so.
I'll be talking to my OB at my next appt on the 22nd and telling her that I want a full u/s. Everyone else I have talked to that's been pg has said that their 18W u/s was around 45 mins and they measured EVERYTHING and looked at all the organs. She looked at the heartbeat of mine and only took 3 measurements. Not acceptable. Once I've expained to my OB that my u/s literally took 6 minutes then I'm sure she'll be booking me another one anyways.
Now that I know it's a boy I can't even imagine having a girl. We're both so excited for our son to arrive and wouldn't have it any other way :)
Tonight is the big supper and to tell everyone we decided to make a blue cake, ice it white and put a big question mark on it and leave it out to torture everyone during supper. Once they cut into the cake they will see blue and everyone will know! I can't wait. I'll post pics of the cake/supper tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment