We left the office and I started bawling. We had been looking forward to finding out the sex this morning for so long and now with both families coming in for a big gender reveal at supper tomorrow, this is brutal. The doctor was just a bitch, plain and simple, and I'm definitely going to be bringing it up at my next OB appt. I'm just glad she's not my OB.
I feel silly for being so upset, it's just we had all these plans and she was just so mean, so cold about it. She didn't even try. That's the part that gets me. And if she says I'm measuring ahead at 19W4D then she should definitely be able to tell the sex. All my pregnancy books say that you can tell at 18W with some even as early as 16W! The bitchy doctor said that my doc will schedule another appt at 22W to tell the sex which I know is BS because at my last appt my doc said that they would be able to tell the sex at this appt (as long as the baby was cooperating) and unless there was anything wrong, this would probably be my last u/s. I think she was just lazy and didn't even want to try. Or her sole purpose is to prey on hormonal pregnant women and gets off on making us cry. Either way, she deserved a throat punch or two.
After several calls to the 3D u/s place to try to squeeze us in today (they weren't open that early) the lady from there called back and after a long explanation between sobs, she was able to squeeze us in today at 1:45.
The appointment this morning will go down as the worst doctors appointment in my history. Besides not knowing the sex, I don't know if everything is looking good, why I'm measuring so far ahead, or if there's anything we should be concerned with. All I know is the baby's heart rate is 149 and that Dr. Hendel is a bitch.

that is such crap! That doc sounds like an Ob version of the one I saw in February. Grr! Will they let you know the sex at the 3d u/s?
ReplyDelete