Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Prenatal Class pt1

After my last post I got home and D and I had a chat. He really calmed me down and made me feel better and it was really reassuring. I think that was just another one of my pregnant psycho moments and unfortunately something I just can't control. D said it best when he said that everyday he loses his wife for a bit, the question is not knowing when it will happen or for how long. Oh don't you just love hormones?

Last night we attended our first prenatal class. It runs once a week for 3 weeks. It was alright, we watched a video showing the different stages in labour and what to expect, what happens to you internally etc. It also showed a birth but it was very quick and I am so proud of D for making it through!
We also practiced some breathing techniques, learnt when we should go to the hospital (when your water breaks or when the contractions are 5 mins apart), and what happens when you get to the hospital and during your stay etc.

It's getting more real with every passing day. I'm finally getting to the point where it doesn't matter if the house is in perfect order before Hudson comes. He will come when he comes regardless of the state of the house and I'm okay with that. I'm finally learning to relax a little and not so scared of having an outside baby even though I know a part of me will miss having just an inside baby.
There is hope for me afterall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment