Last night I woke up at 3am with some pretty bad menstrual like cramps. D was gone overnight (at an AC/DC concert), and I was awake for 30-45 mins with these cramps. I've heard that labor feels like menstrual cramps but there was no variance in the pain, and they didn't come and go like a normal contraction. Just a constant pain. I finally was able to get back to sleep and woke up with cramping so I called D who told me to call the Dr.
After speaking to a nurse, they told me to come in for an appt to check me out and since the pain wasn't increasing and there weren't definite start/stop times, then she said that it wasn't early labor but sounded more like a bladder infection. (I had also told her that I had peed like 12 times overnight last night). After doing an internal exam, of which D was a little freaked out about (he's never witnessed an internal before), she said my cervix was high and closed so not to worry.
I have to say that I was a little freaked out at first, not knowing if things were alright. I was envisioning being rushed to the hospital early and worrying because we're not ready for his arrival not to mention the fact developmentally he's not ready either.
I'm glad it worked out though and now I can breathe.
Fun On-the-Go with Crayola Color Wonder
9 years ago

I'm glad that everything is okay! Its so scary to have these babies in us sometimes! Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteThanks! You too!!
ReplyDelete