Friday, August 28, 2009

Grateful

Dear Hudson,

I am writing you this letter today after I've been following a blog of a girl who had been trying for a child for awhile and now at 21 weeks must deliver that child. She just found out that her baby, due to a freak and random occurance, has a zero percent chance of surviving outside in this world.
Words cannot express how deeply saddened I am by the news of this and how grateful I am in knowing that you are healthy and strong. I can't even begin to imagine what that couple is enduring and the strength they will need and am so very thankful that you will get your fighting chance in this world.
I want you to know that you are loved by more people than you can ever imagine and hope that one day you will know just how truly special you are.

Without ever having met you, you have become the best thing that has ever happened to us and proof of just how lucky we really are. Thank you.


Love always,

Momma

2 comments:

  1. I just caught up on it all since I was confused as to what was going on when several of this mornings blogposts were referencing what happened. It's absolutely crazy and my heart breaks for them and what they're going through today, especially if their baby is one of the ones who survives for a few hours (I got was upset at work after reading and did research on the baby's condition). I have no words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. As much as you try to plan and dream of the future, sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. Kinda scary.

    ReplyDelete