I had my 28 week Dr's appt today and met my new doctor as mine is now on maternity leave. She seems really nice and to the point which is great. She measured my fundal height and I'm measuring almost at 30 weeks which is consistant with the last 2 ultrasounds I had so no surprises there. I did ask her seeing as though he is already a large baby, at what point will they induce? Will it be before my EDD? She said that they will have to monitor the end to see. She said that just because he's big doesn't mean he's that further along development-wise so they aren't going to induce me at 38 weeks just because he's 9 lbs if he then has to be put on a ventilator because his lungs aren't quite developed. Makes sense when she put it that way, I had just assumed that there was a correlation between the two.
I also found out that I passed my glucose tolerance test!! I was nervous about that one so YAY! And I also found out that since my last appt I have only gained 2 lbs. I guess what they say is true, people generally will gain the same amount over the span of a pregnancy, some just do it at different paces.
At the end, I booked my last monthly appt with another u/s (to check on baby's growth) and then after that it becomes weekly appointments. Yikes!
Fun On-the-Go with Crayola Color Wonder
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment