Sunday, July 12, 2009

A little bout of pregnancy jealousy

Normally I would consider myself a pretty perceptive person however after tonight I don't think I can claim that any longer. As D and Maddie and I were heading off for our ritual walk to the nearby ice cream store, our next door neighbor comes out of her house and she's got the cutest little baby bump. I told her that I didn't know they were expecting and ask when she's due thinking that it would be sometime early next year soley based on bump size. Um no. She is due the end of SEPTEMBER!!! She's one full month ahead of me! I swear her belly is similar in size to when I was like 4 1/2 months but no, she's 7 months!!!
We haven't really talked since they've moved in 2 years ago (I know we're horrible neighbors) and in fact I used to work with her boyfriend many summers ago. I can't even remember her name. I think I'll have to make an effort to see if she wants to go for a walk or something in the evening now that we will have a new baby in common.
And I know what you're thinking - I don't think the frequent walks to the ice cream store are helping my ass either but I enjoy it just the same :)

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you had that. I go through that too when I see pictures on the bump. I hate seeing someone that is farther along than me with a way cuter and smaller bump. I just have to remind myself that everyone is different and to not compare.

    ReplyDelete