I haven't updated in a couple days because I've just not been feeling very well. My morning sickness is all day sickness and has now progressed nicely into and including projectile vomiting now that I can smell absolutely EVERYTHING. I am now officially sick of lemon and the thought of eating plain toast makes me want to gag. Mint gum does help and is great for when I have to leave the house and I still find a bit of relief from jollyranchers/preggie pops (they do the same thing for me but preggie pops seem to last a bit longer in your mouth so the relief is longer).
It's just very strange. D made chicken fingers the other night for supper and the smell of them cooking made me run straight for the toilet. He made them the next night (poor D, I usually do all the cooking but since I can't stand the smell of anything- he's been on his own for suppers) and I was ready to go upstairs while he ate so I wouldn't get sick but they didn't seem to bug me. One day one thing works/makes you sick, the next day it doesn't.
I'm on to eating bananas and oatmeal and so far that has been good for me. I also seem to crave weird things and I've found that if I eat them, even though you might be afraid to, they don't end up making me sick.
In other news, I was at a St Pattys Day dance on Sat and I told a good friend of mine the news. She was so happy! They are going to start trying in a couple months so she was asking a ton of questions. I think that people got suspicous because I wasn't feeling good, I was peeing all the time, and I refused to drink-even when people offered to buy me one. I might be paranoid about this but I think that people are starting to guess (not to mention I'm so frickin bloated).
I got a letter from my OBGYN today and my first appointment is Mon April 20th! I'll be 11W4D and I'm so excited!! I have no idea what is going to happen at the appointment but I'm guessing it'll be just meeting her, some bloodwork, and she'll have some questions for me. YAY!
How far along: 6W4D
Symptoms: nausea, fatigue, sore boobs
Foods that I crave: oatmeal, fruit, nuts, muffins
Foods that make me want to gag: any kind of meat
Fun On-the-Go with Crayola Color Wonder
9 years ago

Booo about the projectile vomit. I'm sure that's just making the all day sicknes even worse. What's your weird cravings?
ReplyDeleteJust weird things for me I guess, like oatmeal. Who craves oatmeal? and I normally crave sweets (chocolate especially) but I haven't had a sweet thing in 2 weeks! And I LOVE ethnic food (indian, any kind of asian, etc) but now it makes me want to hurl. I can't wait to get my palate back!
ReplyDelete