Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What's a girl to do

So I haven't posted anything about my symptoms in detail lately so I thought I'd catch up. I feel awful! I hate whining about being pregnant, especially since I'm so excited about it, but I really do feel like shit. I'm SO tired all the time. I sleep for 10 hours minimum at night and I also must have a good hour long afternoon nap. I seriously don't know how people can work full time in the 1st tri because when I go in for just the morning I am wiped. The days I stay at home it takes a good while for me to summon up the energy to do ANYTHING around the house let alone make supper. I made supper last night and afterwards I felt like I needed to go to bed immediately. It's frustrating because I feel like there are many things I can/should be doing but I just can't do them. Be forwarned.
The second thing that has been plaguing me is the nausea. I haven't actually thrown up yet but I can feel that as the days go by I'm getting more and more sicker. I can handle the queasiness to a point but last night, when I was cooking supper, I had to go upstairs because I couldn't handle the smell of the lasgna. I couldn't stop dry heaving. I'm afraid of what to eat because I don't want to start puking. I can't tell you how many soda crackers I've eaten in the last few days because I don't know what else to eat. I'm afraid of going somewhere incase there is a bad smell and end up puking right in public. Call me crazy but puking in public has now become one of my fears.

Besides that, the only other things that have been bothering me have been sore boobs and excessive peeing. The boobs are fine in the day but as soon as I take my bra off they are super sore. I've been sleeping with a sports bra on and that has helped tremendously. And I'm so thirsty all the time I end up waking up every 45 minutes to pee. (Also doesn't help with being so tired).

I really hate whining about this, but it feels like it's almost become debilitating for me. I'm trying to do as much as I can, especially for work since we're trying to save some major cash but it's tiring even thinking about it. I guess I'll just do the best I can. That's all I can do.
How far along: 5W6D
Symptoms: fatigue, excessive peeing, nausea, sore boobs.

6 comments:

  1. I saw go ahead and have a post or two during the week that just gets out all your frustrations you're dealing with. The exhaustion sounds awful--but that 10 hours of sleep just sounds soo wonderful-but sounds like it can get annoying too. But totally post about what you're doing to get over it (or help if you can). It'll be helpful for when the rest of us get our BFPs.

    Oh, go here www.doulashop.com . They have these things called preggie pops, and they were the only thing that worked on the severe nausea I had the first month of bcp (be warned, the ginger one tastes like actual ginger and made me gag even more, but the others are pretty good). Occasionally, I have to eat one right before AF shows up, since the nausea comes with a full force then too. So I'm guessing they'd actually work better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do I know how you feel! I also find that when I take off my bra my boobs are killing me. I sleep with a tank-top with built in bra.

    I've been eating oyster crackers to help with the nausea and queasiness. I'm also scared of getting sick in public. Each day that passes and I feel more sick, like you, I get more nervous for the beginning of morning sickness. I guess if it is going to happen, its going to happen and we can't stop it.

    I hope that you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I just read the words 'oyster cracker' and just gagged! lol. I'm not sure what that is but it doesn't sound too good. :)
    On 1st tri, they said that preggie pops don't work but I may have to try them out.
    So far I've found sucking on jolly ranchers really works (but I mean I can eat only so many) and drinking ginger ale. And so far anything plain is ok (plain toast, crackers, etc) Not very nutritional but better than nothing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a shop here that sells the preggie pops, I'm going to try them out. Thanks Jin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you both get over your morning sickness soon. It sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oyster crackers are the little round crackers you put in soup. They are plain, small and easy to eat. =)

    ReplyDelete