Thursday, March 12, 2009

Found a breakthrough

I've found something that totally has been working for me for morning sickness. I've only tried it out one evening but it seems to be working! I throw a bunch of ice in the blender, crush it up, add some water to make it like a slurpee and then add lots of LEMON JUICE! It's got to be super cold and tart to work for me but so far it's been working. It doesn't get rid of the nausea totally but it makes it bearable. I just keep sipping on it throughout the day and then that way I'm also getting my water too (regular water makes me want to dry heave). YAY! Oh and chewing really minty gum when I'm out of the house seems to also help. WHOO HOO!
I still have to watch what I eat and have to stick to bland foods. But at least I feel like I can function a bit better!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found something that is working for you! I hope it continues to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope so too, if you get sick at all give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No lie - I have a bottle of lemon juice in my cubile to sip from in case I eat something that makes me nauseated or I come to work sick. But your way sounds so much nicer to drink. Yay for finding two ways! The minty gum makes me think of eating Altoids 2 or more at a time - where you can smell the mint coming out of your nose, lol. Are you smelling everything now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I'm not, my sense of 'smell' hasn't kicked in yet. If something smells strongly (lasagna) then I'm grossed out but it's more of a head thing. If some food pops into my head, and I think it sounds disgusting, then I'll be sick. Yuck.
    I know about you and the lemons ;) That's what gave me the idea silly! (I remember you wrote about it in one of your first posts) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete