Last night was a great night! D and I went out for supper and celebrated our great news. I'm glad to have him back now and it's just exciting to talk about planning for the baby. We decided that we are going to tell his family (3 brothers and parents) on April 4th. Why that day, well our birthday is April 10th (Good Friday this year) and we had already booked a trip at the beginning of this year to Vegas with a bunch of friends from the 8th-12th. So we're going to use the guise of a birthday supper to announce our great news! My parents live 2 1/2 hours away so I'm trying to get them to come for a visit that weekend 'to celebrate our birthdays' but my dad is super busy with taking his MBA and still working full time that I'm not sure they will be able to come. So if they can come up on the 4th, great we'll all have a great big family celebration. If not, we will drive to them on the 5th and surprise them doubly with us being there and the great news! This will be the first grandbaby for both sides and I'm really looking forward to telling everyone the news! By the 4th I will be 9W2D and my doctor said that most m/c happen before the 9W mark (there's like 3% chance after you've heard the heartbeat and make it to 9W) so that's when we'll do it. Plus D's oldest brother is coming to Vegas with us the week after and he'll know something is up if I'm puking all the time and not drinking.
We also can't decide whether or not to find out the sex of the baby when the time comes. We both go back and forth so much about it. I think when the time comes we will end up finding out which is weird for me because I always thought I wouldn't want to know ahead of time. Now it's like eating at me and I want to know RIGHT NOW! D figures that finding out now will help us prepare better and figures that there will be enough excitement that day regardless if we know the sex ahead or not. I guess we'll have to wait and see closer to the U/S because I can forsee much flip flopping from us!
Oh and when I was reading my books I figured out that because I'm 4W2D, that means that I'm finished my 4th week and now into my 5th week. So I'll skip the 5th week development write up and then on Thursday I'll write about 6 weeks instead since it's technically the beginning of the 6th week, not the 5th.
Fun On-the-Go with Crayola Color Wonder
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment