So today was our very first appointment. The doctor did a pregnancy test which came out as a very faint line, the nurse was a bit hesitant on saying I was actually pregnant because the line didn't form instantly but there definitely was a line there and my doctor agreed. Then she told me that my due date is Nov 5th (which I already knew) and that I my first and last ultrasound is at 18 weeks (unless there are complications). I asked if there was any way that I could get an U/S before the 18 week mark as well because I'm not so sure I can hold out that long! She said that was fine and so the first one is scheduled for March 17th, where I will be 6W5D and even though Baby B will be a blob we will be able to hear the heartbeat! I'm hoping they will give us a picture printout so I can give it to the families when we tell them.The doctor also said that 20% of pregnancies end in m/c and has nothing to do with anything I do or don't do, it's because of chromosomal deficiencies or abnormalities and your bodies way of only keeping those that are healthy. She also said that almost all of the m/c she has seen are around week 6 and 7 and even though they can happen up to 12 weeks (or beyond) it's more unlikely after the 9 week mark. Only 5 weeks to go!
She also sent me in for some prenatal bloodwork and also to confirm the positive pregnancy.
I was also referred to an obstetrician in the city but I don't see her until the 12W mark.
So far the symptoms are pretty good, can't complain too much. I am still in need of a good hour nap in the afternoon and go to bed early. Cramping is still present but definitely nothing really painful. Today was the first day of M/S! I don't mind puking for a greater cause though so I'm fine with it (ask me in a few weeks though :)). I haven't actually puked, just felt nausous but I've found that if I eat a couple crackers throughout the day I (hopefully) will be ok. We'll see. The only thing that really has been bothering me the most is the fact that I feel like I'm constantly in a dream sequence. I don't feel alert and I can't seem to focus on anything for too long. I can't even watch an hour long TV show without taking a break and doing something. I feel like I'm a walking zombie. It's strange and I hope it will pass soon.
How far along: 3W5D
Symptoms: nausea, cramping, foggy brain, and exhaustion

Testing (I haven't been able to post in a few days for some reason)
ReplyDeleteWhoo-hoo it's working again! And now I forgot what I had to say....oh yeah! An u/s at 18 weeks and that was it? I thought they give one during the 1st tri between 9 and 12w, and then again around the 20w mark. Interesting. And I've heard great things about the books you got in your last post. LOL to the puking towards a greater cause.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for speaking up to get an U/S done sooner! Can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! I think that unless I have severe cramping or spotting they don't do one until 18W. I think all doctors/cities are different so if they just give you one, ask!
ReplyDelete