Monday, May 4, 2009

My first pregnancy psychotic episode

So today I had my first major meltdown. I had bought some maternity clothes in Vegas but mostly they were dressy and more for work and I'm running out of casual stuff to wear. So I had the great idea to go check out a maternity store and pick up a pair of jean capris and some casual tees. I get to the store and find a bunch of stuff I like to try on. Great. Well nothing I try on fits, everything is way too small and I feel like I've gained 10,000 pounds. The store had very few capris in my size and the ones that I could get on all the way were SO terrifingly ugly and looked horrible on my thighs- I rushed out of the store and instantly started crying.
I got on the phone and called D and explained to him between sobs the urgent crisis I had on hand. He calmed me down and so we decided to meet at the mall to go to another maternity store. Well I have to say I had so much more success the second time. I found lots of nice stuff and now I can be comfortable in casual clothes (the bellaband just isn't cutting it anymore).
Looking back as I write this, I think I may have overreacted a smidge but I swear at the time, there was no holding back the tears and I definitely felt there was a need for a national emergency alert.
Oh the joy of pregnancy hormones.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, Margie! I'm glad you found another store to shop at though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm sure the first store was fine, it just doesn't cater well to psychos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe I am sorry you felt like that. I probably would have reacted the same way. Let's see how my bra shopping goes this afternoon. hehe

    ReplyDelete