
Real estate has been slow for me since I was away from work for pretty much all of March and April due to being so sick. I was able to get back to work at the start of May and I have sold 2 houses this month but I just feel that I'm not as busy as I would like to be and our debt is creeping up and not getting paid down as fast as I would like it to be. Now that we have the added expense of the basement being finished and with all the costs of the baby to come I feel like we're drowning and can't get caught up financially. D is on a set salary at his work so his income can't be changed so I'm feeling the pressure to make up for what we're down. This pressure has prompted me to try to supplement my income in other ways.
Real estate will always and must be the priority to any of my jobs as it's the one that I've sunk all the money into and the one that pays off with the greatest reward. But during university and at the start of my real estate career when I was slow, I worked at a hotel at the front desk. I still have some friends that work there and one of my best friends is now the GM at the hotel so I decided to call her up to see if she had any shifts available. She said she was actually looking for someone to cover shifts over the summer and so I start June 7th, getting used to the new computer system and getting back into the swing of things. I'm going to be working only about 3 shifts a week but I'm hoping that this will help me with feeling anxiety over money and it's doing something proactive.
I just feel a little strange going back to the hotel as it's almost like I'm going back instead of forward with my life but I keep telling myself it'll only be for 4 months. I just hope I don't hate it and wear myself out but I don't really know what else to do. I mean, who's going to hire a pregnant lady for casual work?
I just know I will feel much better and less stressed if we eliminate our debt and pump up our savings. Hopefully we get there before this baby decides to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment